The LAPASSION Project (Latin-America Practices and Soft Skills for an Innovation Oriented Network) is an important initiative that we have undertaken along with 14 international partners. Its aim is to encourage students to propose solutions to different social problems.

In the 2018 LAPASSION in Chile, the participants proposed solutions related to "Improving the conditions for the Aging Populations" and in 2019 Uberaba, Brazil, the theme was "Food for the Future". This year's initiative, which will take place in Chile, poses the following challenge: "How to contribute to the creation of Smart Cities"

Students from different parts of the world participate in this project, this is a big advantage as it helps obtain a global perspective on the problem, facilitating the creation of solutions for both developed and developing countries.

The University of Salamanca offers two scholarships to be granted to the students interested in participating in LAPASSION@Santiago2020 (may be bachelor's or master's degree students). The selected students will have a financial support of 1100 euros for the travel expenses and 3100 euros for the stay. 75% of the scholarship will be given before the travel, and the remaining 25% upon return. 

REQUIREMENTS

The applicant must be a Bachelor’s or Master’s student in one of the following: computer engineering, chemistry, agriculture, logistics, administration, law and innovation. 

They must have obtained at least 120 credits in Higher Education. 

Must have a B1 level of English in speaking, writing and reading. 

Must have experience in team work. 

Must be available to travel to Santiago de Chile and stay there from the 30th of March to the 5th of June (it is not possible to change the dates of the stay)

REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION

Curriculum Vitae (in English). 

List of curricular units and the respective higher education marks.

A document that demonstrates that the candidates level of English is B1. 

Must include a motivation letter entitled "Why I am the right candidate to be chosen for participation in LAPASSION@Santiago2020, a multidisciplinary project that faces the challenge of "How to Contribute to Creating Smart Cities"(max. of 3 pages) – please, make it explicit in your letter that you will be available to travel to Santiago de Chile and stay there from the March 30 to June 5 (obligatory)

Portafolio de los proyectos/trabajos desarrollados más importantes (máximo 3 proyectos, el informe principal del proyecto es suficiente).

If you’re interested in having this experience don’t hesitate! You can apply until the 26th of February.

The application must be sent to the following email address bisite@usal.es, along with the motivation letter in which the candidate expresses his/her interest in participating. The email’s subject should be LAPASSION@Santiago2020 and it should be addressed to professor Juan Manuel Corchado, coordinator of the LAPASSION Project at the University of Salamanca. 

Share this post

 
 
We request your permission to obtain statistics on their navigation on this website, in accordance with Royal Decree-Law 13/2012. If you continue to browse consider to accept the use of cookies. OK | More information