Companies are becoming more active on social media because it’s a means of promoting their products. In fact, every 2 out of 3 companies use social media, that would be 67% of companies that use social media to make themselves known through their marketing strategies. The number of users of social networks is increasing every year and the younger generations are fostering the use of this communication channel. The number of users of social networks is increasing every year and the younger generations are promoting the use of this communication channel. Strong online presence on social networks is nowadays essential, as it leads to greater recognition and direct connection with both current and future customers. If a company does not appear on the Internet, it is as if it didn't exist. That's why the internet has become essential.
Social media are the platforms on which people communicate and socialize with the aim of sharing ideas, news and interests. They are formed by a large structure that we list below:
- Social Networks: formed by Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Linkedin, Google Currents.
- Blogs: WordPress, Blogger, Typepad. Articles created on the website are aimed at potential customers and in which topics of interest are discussed.
- Geolocation: Foursquare, Facebook Places, Google + Local. Its most important feature is that it allows a business to be found via mobile.
- Bookmarking: Pearltrees. It has the function of indexing or bookmarking content so that people can find it through their searches within these networks.
- Multimedia: iTunes, Livestream, YouTube, Vimeo, Spreaker. It is composed of tools that help us create and share multimedia content in video and audio.
Social Media Managers as well as Community Managers, have probably been one of the most demanded roles in recent years. Both have to develop a strategic plan to meet the objectives of the company.
What are the benefits?
- Increased sales: they are a means of reaching a wider audience or making yourself known to new customers. These media give greater visibility to your products or services, which results in increased sales.
- Increased web traffic: the better known the brand is, the more followers it will have on social networks and therefore this will lead to a greater number of visits to the website.
- Direct feedback: it makes it easier to learn about the opinions, questions or suggestions of customers. This information, if used correctly, helps companies to identify the mistakes they are making and the customer's needs.
- Brand building: a correct content strategy boosts brand reputation along with the company's values.
- Improves your position in search engines: SEO is an aspect that brands must take into account, the more actively they engage with their followers on social networks, the better positioning they will have in search engines and their brand will be seen as legitimate, credible and trustworthy.
- Low costs: Social media advertising is significantly cheaper than traditional advertising media.
The BISITE Research Group of the University of Salamanca presents a customized training with the Master’s in Social Media Systems Development, taught by top professionals from whom students will learn the techniques and tools used to improve communication with our current and potential customers.
If you have any questions you can contact us at email@example.com.