This year's IEEE Global Communications Conference (GLOBECOM 2021) will be held in Spain for the first time from December 7 to 10, 2021. Madrid has been chosen as the city to host the conference, which will take place at the IFEMA venue. Under the theme "Connecting cultures around the world", it is organized by the BISITE research group of the University of Salamanca together with the Carlos III University of Madrid and other national and international institutions. More than 3,000 globally renowned researchers, scientists and industry professionals from different backgrounds are expected to gather at the event, fostering innovation in all major areas of communications.
The IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Inc.) is the world's largest technical professional society dedicated to the advancement of technology. It sponsors more than 850 conferences worldwide each year. It has more than 400,000 members in 150 countries and its areas of focus range from aerospace systems, computers and telecommunications to biomedical engineering, electrical power and consumer electronics.
This conference will have a top notch, comprehensive technical program that includes 12 symposia, a selection of communications areas, and many tutorials and workshops. It also features an excellent industry program for professionals, with keynotes from leading researchers, industry and government leaders, business and industry committees, and vendor exhibits.
New presentation format
This year's IEEE GLOBECOM 2021 will have a new format, consisting of Spotlight Talks which will focus on technology that has emerged from R&D and is beginning to be used in commercial environments. Speakers will describe their technology, why it is important, the advances that were made in its development, and how it is being implemented on the market. The target audience mostly comprises engineers who are looking to apply the technology in their own products. Question and answer sessions will be held to make Spotlight Talks more interactive and attractive for attendees.
The Spotlight Talks are listed below:
- Spotlight Talk 1: SECURITY CONSIDERATIONS FOR EVOLVING OPEN RANG ARCHITECTURES
- Spotlight Talk 2: THEORY TO REALITY, MASSIVE MIMO IN 5G AND BEYOND
- Spotlight Talk 3: WHEN LIGHT BRINGS DATA: FROM PURE RESEARCH TO A REAL ILLUMINATED WORLD
- Spotlight Talk 4: CONNECTED EDGE INTELLIGENCE FOR BEYOND 5G/6G
- Spotlight Talk 5: A TRANSITION OF CELL-FREE MMIMO IN 6G NETWORKS FROM THEORY TO PRACTICE
- Spotlight Talk 6: SHARED SPECTRUM -- A SUCCESS STORY
- Spotlight Talk 7: DSP FOR 50GBPS OPTICAL ACCESS NETWORKS
- Spotlight Talk 8: TOWARDS QUANTUM DISTRIBUTED COMPUTING
- Spotlight Talk 9: AERIAL AND SPACEBORNE COMMUNICATIONS: THE JOURNEY FROM 5G TO 6G
We are very grateful to be part of the organisation of this interesting conference.